Family Change in Quantitative Perspective
Tohoku University (2010-10-17)
Family Change in an Aging Society with Low Fertility
will hold a workshop on
Family Change in Quantitative Perspective.
This workshop is part of Hagi Seminar, a series of lectures, presentations, and discussions, annually
by Tohoku University Global COE Program
Everyone is welcome to the workshop,
We hope fruitful discussions among those who are interested in family changes in recent Japan.
[Poster (PDF 180 kb)]
[Invitation letter (PDF 20 kb)]
2010-10-17 (Sun.) 9:30-12:30
Tohoku University, Katahira Campus
- Room 302 on the 3rd floor of the Extended Education and Research Building
(Katahira 2-1-1, Aoba ku, Sendai)
- Theme: Family Change in Quantitative Perspective: Inequality, Consciousness, and Lifecourse in Recent Japan
TANAKA Sigeto (Tohoku Univ.)
- KATO Akihiko (Meiji Univ.). The Japanese Family System: Change, Continuity, and Regionality.
NISHINO Michiko (Toyo Univ.). Changes in Consciousness on Family.
SUZUKI Fumiko (Sunkutoku Univ.). Employment Patterns and Work-Life Balance for Married Women.
INABA Akihide (Tokyo Metropolitan Univ.). Trends of Unstandard Families in Japan: Distribution and Their Experience
Location and Access
The workshop will be held in a new building constructed in this year,
on the ground floor of which the Research Center for Gender Equality and Multicultural Conviviality (GEMC) is located.
* No childcare service/facility will be provided.
* Hagi Seminar offered a concurrent international workshop
for the same time slot in the next-door room 301:
“Dynamism of Gender Politics in Contemporary Muslim Societies”
(Organaized by TSUJIMURA Miyoko)
focusing on Turkey, Iran, and Arabic legal reforms.
Inquiries should be addressed to TANAKA Sigeto.
The official WWW site of the GCOE Program,
Gender Equality and Multicultural Conviviality in the Age of Globalization,
provides some information.
School of Arts and Letters
Applied Japanese Linguistics
History of this page:
- 2010-09-29:Minor corrections
- 2010-10-17:Files for presentations add
- 2010-10-19:Files for presentations add